The Progressive Leadership working group is focused on getting progressive candidates elected at all levels of government. However, an election victory is not the ultimate goal - once in office we collaborate with elected officials to ensure meaningful policies are passed and precedents are defended in accordance with our overall agenda.
- Federal seats – Senate, House
- State seats – State Officers, State Senate, State House
- Local Boards and Committees
- Home turf and out-of-district
- Particular work towards a more representative government, meaning support for candidates from underrepresented demographics: women, blacks, latinax, veterans, etc.
- Andover Local Election - March 2019
- Special elections (leftover from the midterms, e.g. NC)
- Prep for 2020 - Presidential, Senate, House
- Attend Meet the Candidates events, debates
- Support a specific campaign – Canvass, Post-carding, Text banking, Phone banking, Sign holding, Letters to the Editor, Donate $
- Candidate vetting criteria, endorsements
- Prioritizing out-of-district efforts
Groups to Collaborate With
- Swing Left
- Sister District
- Brand New Congress
- Our Revolution (MA), Flip Massachusetts
- Minuteman Indivisible (Lexington), Progressive MA
- ADTC, Mass Dems
If you are interested in joining the Progressive Leadership working group, please contact us.