Our mission is to mobilize the electorate through progressive grassroots activism, to achieve true representative democracy that advances our country’s commitment to protect and serve all members of society.
Greater Andover Indivisible (GAI) is a grassroots all-volunteer, non-profit organization working toward building a progressive future. Since its founding in 2017, GAI has grown to over 500 members, including Massachusetts residents from Andover, North Andover, North Reading, Tewksbury and Wilmington. GAI has played a key role in local Andover elections and the 2018 midterms elections. GAI remains committed to providing its members – many of whom are new to political activism – with the insights, tools, and opportunities to affect change both locally and nationally.
GAI is a chapter of The Indivisible Project, a national grassroots organization that advocates for progressive political policies and leadership. GAI is one of 150 MA chapters and 6,000 across the country.
GAI is not affiliated with any political party although we typically support progressive candidates, leaders, and issues.
Our Values and Principles
- American democracy should fairly and equitably represent all
- All individuals deserve, respect, basic human rights, and freedom – without exception
- Science, facts, and data are critical to our individual and collective advancement
- No person is above the law
- Differing views and perspectives should be expressed constructively and heard respectfully
- Democracy is not a spectator sport; civic engagement is a shared responsibility
Anyone can be an activist. No experience is necessary.