One of our biggest efforts between now and the midterms will be to drive voter turnout. Make sure you are able to do your part by making your vote count:
- Make sure you are registered to vote in time. Check your registration status here.
- Look to see if you are going to be in town on the day of both the primary and the election. If not, request an absentee ballot by the deadline. (Absentee voting details for Andover, MA)
- Ask your friends and family if they are registered to vote. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
Why this is important
- You can’t assume you are registered.
- Voter rolls are being purged as a means of voter suppression.
- More information: “Voter purges are on the rise in states with a history of racial discrimination” (Vox, July 2018)
Take control of your constitutional right!
Key Dates and Milestones
- Oct 17 - Deadline to register to vote for November election. Check your registration status here.
- Nov 5 - Deadline to request an absentee ballot
- Nov 6 - ELECTION DAY!