One of our biggest successes prior to the midterms was driving voter turnout. We will continue efforts on this front, locally and out-of-district, in order to maximize voter engagement and work towards better representation in our elected officials.
“We do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” - Thomas Jefferson
Your vote is your voice. Here’s how to make sure you are heard:
- Make sure you are registered to vote. Check your registration status here.
- Look to see if you are going to be in town on the day of a given election. If not, request an absentee ballot by the deadline. (Absentee voting details for Andover, MA)
- Ask your friends and family if they are registered to vote. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
Why this is important
- You can’t assume you are registered.
- Voter rolls are being purged as a means of voter suppression.
- More information: “Voter purges are on the rise in states with a history of racial discrimination” (Vox, July 2018)
Voter Registration in MA
- Deadline to register to vote in MA - 20 days prior to any given Election Day
- MA Voter registration FAQs (Rock the Vote)